WiM Association, the international coordinator of the Wine in Moderation Programme, welcomed the International Federation of Wine Brotherhoods (FICB) as Associated Partner of the Programme in an event that took place in the Wine Museum of Paris on 3rd of June 2016.
The FICB and Wine in Moderation share common values around the strong links of wine with society, the long-standing tradition of wine appreciation, and its harmonious association with food and gastronomy while keeping an eye on the future. The Partnership agreement signed between the two international associations to support the implementation of the Wine in Moderation programme aims to raise awareness on the risks of abusive use of alcohol by inspiring responsible patterns of wine consumption, compatible with healthy lifestyles. More specifically, it is looking towards enhancing the involvement of its wine brotherhoods members in the promotion of reasonable consumption, in particular on the occasion of events they organise and in their communication, further promoting the love and reason that the wine brotherhoods have been sharing now for hundreds of years.
The MoU was signed by Noëlle GENEVEY, treasurer of WiM and otherwise in charge of public affairs for Moët Hennessy and Alan BRYDEN, president of F.I.C.B., in the presence of:
- Claude JOSSE, Grand Chancelier of the Conseil des Echansons de France
- Stylianos FILOPOULOS, director of WiM
- Sandrine RICARD, deputy director for corporate social responsibility at Pernod-Ricard
- Carole VAINQUEUR of Vin & Société, French member of WiM
- Lorenza ROMANESE representing the Confédération Européenne des Vignerons Indépendants (CEVI)
- Monique JOSSE, CEO of the Musée du Vin de Paris
- Alain HUET, treasurer of F.I.C.B.
Click on links :